Thursday, July 7, 2011

My First Higher Things Conference

By this time next week I will already be well into my first Higher Things conference - Coram Deo.  Although a general invitation was offered to participate possibly as a sectional leader, I elected to pass this time around. I am hoping to do something I seldom do: sit, listen, enjoy, reflect, relax.  It's also a goal to gather information and impressions to take back to the other youth of my congregation and maybe even a neighboring parish or two.  Perhaps next year we will have to commandeer a large van to transport our group.  It's a hope.  My group this time around consists of my son David.....and me. Big group! He will be a senior next year and given that my daughter was able to experience one of the conferences in 2006 ("The Feast") at about the same age, it seemed time again.  I am truly looking forward to the experience and connecting again with fellow Lutherans.  Perhaps one of the readers who drops by this blog will be there and I can put a face and name with the predominantly anonymous readership known only by the numbers collected at Sitemeter.  If you recognize me, please say hello. BTW, I am going to the conference at Illinois State University.

5 comments:

William Weedon said...

Pr. Engebretson,

I read your blog in my google reader, so it probably doesn't show on sitemeter. But I'll be there - I'm chaplain at Bloomington - so look forward to seeing you in person.

The Rev. Donald V. Engebretson said...

I look forward to meeting you! I don't think that I've had this pleasure previously.

revalkorn said...

Don't know if you'd know me from Adam, but I'll be there, too. I'll be the one sleeping through my own presentation.

I wish I'd had the good sense to not volunteer to teach for my first HT conference.

The Rev. Donald V. Engebretson said...

Pr. Kornacki - I'll try to find you. I'd like to meet you. Maybe one of us will recognize the other :)

revalkorn said...

I don't guarantee it, but if you see a corpulent guy with a goatee in an amish straw hat, it might be me. I'm planning on wearing mine--outside, anyway, as I can't afford many more bald spot burnings!