ABT

Well, another milestone was reached early this morning.  At around 1:18 a.m. the last of my graduate papers was sent out to my professor.  I am now A.B.T. - "All but thesis."  What a relief!  The papers didn't sound too interesting to my high school aged son, but I enjoyed them.  They both revolved around the theme of my upcoming thesis.  For my course in History and Practice of the Church Year with Dr. Pfatteicher I wrote a paper entitled "The Apocalypse in the Revised Common Lectionary: An Analysis of Its Use in the Church Year."  The second paper, written for History of the English Hymnal with Dr. Herman, was "Allusions to the Apocalypse in Selected Hymns in English."  I am gaining a new appreciation for the book of Revelation and its relationship to the worship of the church.  One of the books recommended by a past comment on this blog, The Lamb's Supper by Scott Hahn, is one of my next projects to read. I plan to spend the next few months doing preparatory reading on Revelation with the intent of beginning thesis work after the first of the year.  I'll keep you posted on the progress.

BTW, many, many thanks to my dear wife who stayed up way past midnight to proofread the last of my papers.  What would I do without her?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Roots of the Warham Guild Hood

The Firefighter's Cross

KFUO-FM Sale: Editorial from Board of Directors