One Step Closer

A review of my latest thesis proposal has been made by my two advisers and with a few corrections and adjustments it is ready for submission to the committee.  I am confident that after so much review and critiquing it will pass and be approved to write.  I had no idea that there was so much involved in this.  When I finally finish it will feel as great an accomplishment as my M.Div was over 25 years ago.  Except this time the research and writing is much more demanding.  I probably included it on an early post, but the proposed title of the thesis is: "A Study of the Influence of the Church's Liturgical Forms on the Literary Structure of the Apocalypse of St. John."

By the way, for those interested in Nashotah House, there was an interesting article online from the Journal Sentinel back in 2011.   It was written around the time when they were getting ready to install a new dean.  I have only one correction to the article, though.  The author writes that the STM program was added "in recent years."  This is incorrect.  Their STM program has been around for a long time.  I think that the author, however, captures the unique personality of the seminary, especially as it sets within the broader Episcopal church culture.  I was initially hesitant about enrolling, knowing the very liberal nature of the Episcopal Church.  When I discovered that ELS seminary president Gaylin R. Schmeling had earned his STM there back in 1993 and spoke highly of the seminary, it was clear that this would be a 'Lutheran friendly' place to pursue my graduate education.  And I have not been disappointed.  The "Anglo-Catholic" nature of the institution has fit my long interest in the liturgical life of the church, and the current faculty certainly boasts a solid lineup of scholars (see link above for Nashotah's website) comparable to any other seminary.  Of course, there are differences too, but these have not detracted from my education overall.  Now, if I could just get Concordia - Ft. Wayne to relocate to northern Wisconsin..... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Roots of the Warham Guild Hood

The Firefighter's Cross

KFUO-FM Sale: Editorial from Board of Directors