Ethnicity Estimate Updated

I was just notified that my "Ethnicity Estimate" from Ancestry.com was updated.  Turns out the numbers are fairly similar to the last estimate.  90% of my DNA apparently remains connected to the British Isles or the western side of Europe where there is already a genetic connection.  I was pleasantly surprised to see my "Irish and Scottish" estimate increased from 15% to 25%.  That's a part of my heritage in which I have particular interest.  The 6% associated with Norway and Iceland is intriguing (not to mention Sweden!).  My adopted father had Norwegian heritage and I always joked that I had a Norwegian name (Engebretson) without any Norwegian blood.  Now I have to take all that back!  I am still a bit perplexed by the small amount associated with "Germanic Europe," especially when my maternal great-grandmother apparently had a German name (Rupp).  I'll have to watch and see who ends up being added to my DNA 'relatives.' 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Roots of the Warham Guild Hood

The Firefighter's Cross

KFUO-FM Sale: Editorial from Board of Directors