I Know I Haven't Posted in a While....

To be exact, it's been a year since I last posted.  I would like to use this blog as a resource on other sites, if possible, so I will be reintroducing it with more regular writing. 

In the past year I have been busy adding to my varied experiences:
  • As noted in a previous post I started teaching in the SMP program through Concordia Theological Seminary - Ft. Wayne in the summer of 2017.  This summer will be my third class.  I am learning much about online teaching each time I complete a course and hope that this year I can make it more effective for both me and my students. 
  • After serving as a fire chaplain in a rural fire department for the last 16 years, I am also taking on the role of chaplain for our city department.  I will continue to serve with my rural volunteer department as both a chaplain and a firefighter.  
  • This past summer I ended my work as Circuit Visitor/Counselor (equivalent in some church bodies to a rural dean) after 12 years.  I was elected to the new position of District Secretary (which, again, is roughly equivalent to a chancellor in some communions.) This allows me to served on the board of directors and the presidium of the North Wisconsin District of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.  
Some goals for the upcoming year:
  • Resume writing projects for publication.  I will start with a book review of The Clergy in the Medieval World: Secular Clerics, Their Families and Careers in North-Western Europe, c. 800- c. 1200 (Cambridge, 2015) by Julia Barrow.  As I did with the last review (posted on this blog), I will submit it first to the Concordia Theological Quarterly, and if it does not publish here, possibly LOGIA.
  • Finish the application process for chaplain endorsement in the LCMS. This was introduced a few years ago after I was already quite active in my chaplain position, but I would now like to have the official endorsement of my church body.
  • Look into additional teaching opportunities to teach online as an adjunct instructor. 
  • Continue to network with others in my areas of interest. 
 I am sure additional goals will present themselves as the year progresses.

For any who might stumble on this blog, welcome!  Please feel free to interact via the comments.

Blessings to all in the New Year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Roots of the Warham Guild Hood

The Firefighter's Cross

KFUO-FM Sale: Editorial from Board of Directors