Christian Denomination Selector

I discovered the Christian Denomination Selector over on Pr. Peterson's blog (CyberStones), and decided to take it for myself. It asks you a series of questions on doctrine and practice and then ranks a series of denominations that may best suit your confession. My results were:
#1 - LCMS
#2 - ELS
#3 - EO
#4 - RC

It appears that I was virtually the same as Peterson. As he pointed out later in his comments, the weight you attach to the importance of the given question (low, med. high) probably has a lot to do with your eventual results. Someone also noted that such polls reflect what a church body teaches "on paper," or its formal confession, not what is actually practice. True enough. Nevertheless it is nice to see that according to this little poll I'm a fit for where I am.....for now.....I think.....

Take the poll yourself. It takes only a few minutes. Give it a minute to load. The questions will probably appear below your initial screen after all the advertisements. Let me know your results!

Comments

Mike said…
I'm cleansed! Pastor Schaaf will be proud. I have been a life-long Presbyterian (PCA) until about 4 months ago. I took the real Lord's Supper for the first time Sept. 20th (the day before my 48th birthday). My results?

#1 - LCMS (yeeeHAA)
#2 - ELC
#3 - RC
#4 - Eastern Orthodox

... oh, and the PCA? It was #12 :o)
Way to go! Congratulations! Nice to have you among the Lutherans.

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Roots of the Warham Guild Hood

The Firefighter's Cross

KFUO-FM Sale: Editorial from Board of Directors