Weedon's Thoughts for Pastors

I am writing two posts today, aware that I may not get to the computer much tomorrow. There is a brief antlerless season for the next few days, and since I did not fill my tag, I'm thinking of giving it one more shot.....

At any rate, I ran across a nice post in Weedon's Blog entitled "Weedon's Miscellaneous Thoughts for New Pastors." I think that it offers much good thought for seasoned pastors as well. His insights betray a pastor with experience. I appreciate his true love and sensitivity to the parish and the sheep under the shepherd's care. All pastors would do well in reading his list. I will be the first to confess that I am not doing all that is on his list. It's not that I disagree. It's simply more a matter of sinful human flesh. His reading list of Luther's House Postils, Chemnitz, Walther, the Book of Concord and the Father is a good summary. I have these in my library, but, again, confess that my reading of them is inadeqate and insufficient. Maybe Weedon's words will spur me on to more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Roots of the Warham Guild Hood

The Firefighter's Cross

KFUO-FM Sale: Editorial from Board of Directors